Senior Estimator/QS (F/M)
Main accountabilities (list is non exhaustive):
- Assess, understand, and review the use of different materials in fabrication, cost differences with each and the impact on final product.
- Assess, understand, and review visuals / drawings from Client Services / Design teams.
- Preparing a detailed BOQ based on drawings / information when one is not provided by Client Services team.
- Pricing detailed BOQ based using pricing tool document / working closely with fabrication estimator where needed.
- Liaise with Project Management and Fabrication teams to establish cost effective solutions to meet client budget.
- Ensure all project specific elements are available and liaise with Procurement department when necessary.
- Work closely with CS team to address any budget related challenges.
- Maintain all of Electra’s costing forms and templates.
- Mentor new recruits to establish consistency in costing protocol.
- Conducting detailed cost analysis, monitoring cost variations post job, budgeted vs actual, adjust price point accordingly.
- Work closely with Budget Analyst, Fabrication Estimator to standardise pricing overall, increase profitability.
- ERP (Nav) maintenance of overall database, creating brand new pricing codes working closely with both IT and Finance departments.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 4 to 5 years experience
- Systems: Microsoft, AutoCAD, SketchUp (added advantage)
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Have excellent interpersonal skills for collaborating effectively with others
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance
- Yearly Merit Bonus
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Opportunity to work in a Passionate, Inclusive and Agile Team!
Please use the form below to submit your application:
Kindly make sure to fill in all the fields, including the message before sending your application. The page may take some time to load, don’t worry, your application will be received and you may close the page.
Why work for us?
At Electra, we strongly believe that our success starts with our employees. We won a 3 stars award for our labour welfare practices at The Taqdeer Awards 2020 and were nominated for Best Employer of the year twice in a row at The Middle East Special Event & Exhibition Show!
As a key player in the market, you will subsequently be a part of major large-scale events and trade shows in the region which will surely accelerate your growth. We celebrate success and embrace change. We strive for constant improvement and innovation, allowing those around us to develop.
When you grow, we grow!
We make sure our teams evolve in a motivating and fulfilling workplace, where they can continuously develop their skills through trainings and leadership programs.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds (25 nationalities and counting!) and promote equity, fairness, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace, it is our way to encourage creativity and to foster a collaborative and open-minded working culture. We recognize that everyone is an integral part of Electra with an equal opportunity to participate: we share new ideas, best practices, and listen to our employees’ feedback!
We are agile, inclusive, and passionate.
Apply for this job
Fill in the application below to apply for this position.