Senior Detailer with 3D Experience (F/M)
Under the guidance of the Head of Design, the Senior Detailer will ensure drawings and project’s details deliverables are aligned to client expectations and executed within budget and timescales. The Senior Detailer will also assist the other team members with his knowledge and by providing them development feedback.
Main responsibilities (list is non exhaustive):
- Following specifications and calculations to create various technical drawings.
- Liaise with designers, account managers, engineers, and project managers to gather product and structural requirements and designs
- Familiar with temporary structures and tent structures
- Describe production methods (including equipment and software types to be used)
- Create detailed designs with computer-aided design (CAD) software, Rhino is a plus
- Proven work experience as a Draftsman/Detailer
- Familiar with 3D modeling tools such as Sketch-up (Mandatory)
- Identify potential operational issues and redesign products to improve functionality
- Advanced carpentry, tents, and steel structure knowledge
- Ensure all modeling activities are performed per company procedure & process
- Able to review and check architecture drawings including MEP, HVAC, and structural drawings
- Organized and can track and document project phases and revisions
- Advanced knowledge in improving project budget by using Electra standard library and reduce materials wastage
- Can handle multiple projects at the same time
- Explore and propose new design solutions and generate new ways of an efficient workflow
- Look for innovative concepts related to production methods and share them with the HOD and the team
- Share creativity with the team, help other detailers with technical knowledge when required by the HOD
- Brainstorm and help other design team members to achieve the best production methods
Knowledge & Experience:
- 5 years’ experience in a senior detailer role including projects development and client contact
- Bachelor’s degree or high diploma from a reputable art college, architecture or interior design
- Highly proficient in Autocad, Rhino is a plus
- Knowledge on Sketch up, Adobe Illustrator, 3Ds Max
- Job knowledge: shop drawings, joinery, steel structure, tents, museography, interior design
- Certifications: exhibition design, architecture, luxury events, interior fit-out
- Languages: English
Technical & Functional Skills:
- Knowledgeable about fabrications methods, carpentry, steel, CNC, design ergonomics
- Be a team player, accountable and actively participate in brainstorming sessions, and be keen to contribute ideas
- Ability to handle projects from concept to high detailed fabrication drawings
Other Skills & Competencies:
- Experience in teamwork and share new ideas with their colleagues
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Attention to detail
- Stress management – Being able to stay healthy, calm, and balanced in any challenging situations
- Presentation skills – Effectively presenting your work results and ideas formally to internal and external clients
- Back up of the other team member in case of leave
Please use the form below to submit your application:
Kindly make sure to fill in all the fields, including the message before sending your application. The page may take some time to load, don’t worry, your application will be received and you may close the page.
Why work for us?
At Electra, we strongly believe that our success starts with our employees. We won a 3 stars award for our labour welfare practices at The Taqdeer Awards 2020 and were nominated for Best Employer of the year twice in a row at The Middle East Special Event & Exhibition Show!
As a key player in the market, you will subsequently be a part of major large-scale events and trade shows in the region which will surely accelerate your growth. We celebrate success and embrace change. We strive for constant improvement and innovation, allowing those around us to develop.
When you grow, we grow!
We make sure our teams evolve in a motivating and fulfilling workplace, where they can continuously develop their skills through trainings and leadership programs.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds (25 nationalities and counting!) and promote equity, fairness, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace, it is our way to encourage creativity and to foster a collaborative and open-minded working culture. We recognize that everyone is an integral part of Electra with an equal opportunity to participate: we share new ideas, best practices, and listen to our employees’ feedback!
We are agile, inclusive, and passionate.
Apply for this job
Fill in the application below to apply for this position.