Under the guidance of the Steel Operations Manager, the Autocad Operator will prepare workshop drawings, designs and plans for the required fabrication and assist operations manager in daily tasks.
- Prepare detailed workshop drawings for steel fabrication work.
- Attend production meetings and work from the hand sketch provided by the team.
- Monitor fabrication activities in the workshop and oversee that it is done as per drawings.
- Prepare BOQ and assist the Operations Manager in costing the job.
- Preparation of bill of material from the drawings.
- Keep records of all the drawings of the projects and update the library of knowledge.
- Provide back up for storekeeper.
- Visit the site for all layout markings and oversee the execution of jobs as per drawings.
- Ensure that the workers follow the policies and procedures set by the company.
- Understand the HSE guidelines and ensure that they are followed at workshops and sites.
Knowledge & experience:
- 2-3 years of experience as draftsman within the steel industry
- Good Autocad knowledge
- Good sketch-up knowledge
- Technical knowledge in steel fabrication
Other skills and competencies:
- Technical solutions provider
- Team management (during drawings execution)
- Able to work under pressure
- Proactive and Positive attitude
- Flexible and ready to accept change as per the company requirements
Please use the form below to submit your application:
Kindly make sure to fill in all the fields, including the message before sending your application. The page may take some time to load, don’t worry, your application will be received and you may close the page.