Ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all areas of accounting.
- Ensure invoices/petty cash vouchers are received from the vendors/petty cashier to record invoices in timely manner.
- Prepare a detailed schedule with relevant supporting documents to process utility and other recurring expenses in a timely manner.
- Prepare schedule of prepayments, follow on final tax invoice of prepayments which are not received after the agreed delivery date or service completion date.
- Process due payments and notify the supplier or inter-department about the payments and issue the cheque.
- Prepare accounts payable reconciliation for the supplier balances where differences are identified between supplier and ledger balances.
- Analyse supplier invoice/petty cash vouchers and ensure expenses are properly supported and appropriately allocated to correct expenses code.
- Ensuring accuracy of expense allocation and general ledger coding.
- Ensuring proper adherence to policies and procedures and that systems are being followed.
- Verification of appropriate levels of approval.
- Report PO waiting for invoice at the end of each month to ensure no open PO without an invoice in the system.
- Book and Analyse VAT and its ledgers to ensure correctness of data for accurate filing of returns.
- Systematically file all soft copies of documents such as invoices/payment vouchers/credit memo, file notes, reconciliations, etc. with supporting documents for ease in retrieval.
- Perform all AP activities required for monthly close, including all functions required to ensure month end deadlines are met.
General Accounting Functions:
- Prepare weekly cash flow projections; determine cash requirements and ensure upcoming disbursements are properly funded.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned, including implementation of new finance and accounting systems and processes, finance-related support.
- Manage month end closing by coordinating with various departments and team members ensuring deadlines are respected.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal control.
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are prepared timely and accurately with statement of accounts supporting to it.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or similar qualification in accounting/ finance.
- Minimum 3 years’ of UAE experience in GL Accountant role. Knowledge of Navision (ERP) will be an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with employees at all levels.
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Preference to candidates with events and exhibition industry experience.
Please use the form below to submit your application:
Kindly make sure to fill in all the fields, including the message before sending your application. The page may take some time to load, don’t worry, your application will be received and you may close the page.