At Electra we need talented people that will share our strategy to be the obvious contracting partner for local & international players who wish to set up an event within the GCC.
Under the guidance of the Logistics Operations Manager, the Logistics Coordinator will have to manage his/her duty in the best optimum and cost-effective way.
Main Accountabilities (list is non exhaustive):
- Attend site safety and project meetings as and when required.
- Ensure the company’s & any sub-contract drivers/operators are respecting and strictly adhering to all HSE rules.
- Consult with AM/PM and Logistics teams for daily site requirements, and address any issues hampering operational delivery.
Equipment & Material Management
- He/she will be fully in-charge of handling all site equipment.
- Must identify cost saving methods during usage of the site equipment handling, such as clubbing the request and control of equipment idling, etc.
- Monitor all site equipment’s quality and conditions for safe operations.
- Ensure all company and rental equipment complies with RTA and site safety requirements.
- Monitor safe vehicle loading and unloading at site.
- Assist site team for logistics support such as material follow up & transport.
- Expedite LPO and material delivery/ collection in coordination with purchase and suppliers.
- Mediate between internal client, suppliers and RAK store.
- Post delivery notes and cash invoices on Navision.
- Handle logistics open LPO’s for equipment/ service hire.
- Handle site equipment such as, but not limited to: manlift, scissor lift, mobile crane, telehandler, forklift, tower lights and generators etc.
- Monitor safe equipment handling at all Electra sites.
- Coordinate with client and supplier for equipment rental, specs, breakdown and off-hiring of the same.
- Any other tasks, as reasonably requested by the company, including assisting team members in periods of absence.
Experience & Functional Skills:
- 2-3 years as Logistics (MHE) coordinator, preferable in UAE with General Construction background.
- English (Arabic & Hindi would be an advantage).
- Good knowledge of fleet/equipment management systems.
- Good knowledge of RTA rules and UAE road regulations.
- Basic knowledge of equipment mechanical issues.
- Knowledge of land equipment handling.
- Strong understanding of compliance and risk management.
- Strong understanding of safety culture and management.
- Knowledge of methods, techniques and procedures involved in maintenance repairs and replacement.
- Ability to coordinate programs, prepare reports and maintain accurate records.
- UAE light vehicle driving license.
Other Skills & Competencies:
- Able to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal client and suppliers.
- Able to make decisions & work well under stress in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Well-developed problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Flexible working hours, like weekends or night shifts.
- Should able to travel within any GCC country to attend duties.
Please use the form below to submit your application:
Kindly make sure to fill in all the fields, including the message before sending your application. The page may take some time to load, don’t worry, your application will be received and you may close the page.