Legal Advisor (F/M)
The Legal Advisor manages all legal commitments taken on behalf of Electra companies in relation to their business activities in consultation with the CEO and CFAO as required from time to time.
Main Accountabilities (list is non exhaustive):
1. Legal Advisory
- Providing day to day legal advice and support on rules and regulations pertaining to UAE labor laws, sponsorship, events and exhibition, reviewing varied local laws and their implications
- Drafting, preparing and negotiating documents and agreements in line with the applicable laws. Identifying and analyzing risk areas in contracts; providing counter clauses to ensure that Electra and group companies’ interests are protected
- Updating and enhancing the contractual database from time to time to support the commercial arrangements and undertakings of the business
- Proactively audit and check to ensure that all company licenses and permits are valid and consistent with all local rules and regulations
- Compliances issues related to licenses and permits for Electra group companies located overseas the UAE will be updated as per the advisory of the local external counsels
- Review and renewal of all group insurance policies (optimization in terms of cost and limitation of risks/ excluding Health Insurance) with the advice of the insurance brokerage firms
- Audit and ensure all company insurances are up to date and in line with the business activities of the Electra group companies
- Consult with attorneys and representatives or personnel from the Federal law enforcement agencies concerning legal compliances affecting Electra or its group companies in UAE or overseas
Dispute Resolution and conflict management:
- Initiate legal actions to protect the company’s interest and respond to alleged violations, regulations, policies, procedures and contractual obligations by evaluating the complaint and recommending course of action
2. Supervise and Manage the Legal and Executive Assistant:
- Oversee and supervise the legal deadlines and renewals including renewal of company licenses, lease and insurance policies
- Oversee the proper filing and archiving of legal company documents on a day-to-day level
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in law
- 1 to 3 years’ experience
Please use the form below to submit your application:
Kindly make sure to fill in all the fields, including the message before sending your application. The page may take some time to load, don’t worry, your application will be received and you may close the page.
Why work for us?
At Electra, we strongly believe that our success starts with our employees. We won a 3 stars award for our labour welfare practices at The Taqdeer Awards 2020 and were nominated for Best Employer of the year twice in a row at The Middle East Special Event & Exhibition Show!
As a key player in the market, you will subsequently be a part of major large-scale events and trade shows in the region which will surely accelerate your growth. We celebrate success and embrace change. We strive for constant improvement and innovation, allowing those around us to develop.
When you grow, we grow!
We make sure our teams evolve in a motivating and fulfilling workplace, where they can continuously develop their skills through trainings and leadership programs.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds (25 nationalities and counting!) and promote equity, fairness, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace, it is our way to encourage creativity and to foster a collaborative and open-minded working culture. We recognize that everyone is an integral part of Electra with an equal opportunity to participate: we share new ideas, best practices, and listen to our employees’ feedback!
We are agile, inclusive, and passionate.
Apply for this job
Fill in the application below to apply for this position.