Accounts Payable Accountant (F/M)
At Electra, we need talented people that will share our strategy to be the obvious contracting partner for local & international players who wish to set up an event within the GCC.
We are an equal opportunity employer. You will join a multicultural and diverse team.
Main responsibilities (list is non exhaustive):
- Maintain good communication with suppliers & answer suppliers’ phone calls & emails
- Share payment allocations when requested by suppliers
- Perform suppliers reconciliations as and when required, ensure to keep the records updated for review of Finance Manager
- Acknowledgement of our payment terms with suppliers and ensure it is communicated across teams to avoid gaps
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE WORK:
- Review POs prepared by Procurement (check correct GL code, split by job in NAV), advise corrections
- Book purchase bills in NAV against POs (check invoice posting supporting: PO + delivery note signed & stamped + bill / contract, approving authority)
- Prepare AP aging reports & weekly payments schedule, report and monitor urgent payments to be made (for validation with Finance Director)
- Post LPO accrual by the end of month, update reporting packages and take part in all month end closing activities (WIP calculations & adjusting entries)
- Follow up on waiting on bill (monthly)
- Follow up on LPO register (monthly), ensure closing of open LPOs on time
- Help negotiate payment terms with suppliers and propose recommendations for department improvement
ADMIN ACCOUNTING WORK:
- Documents filing when needed
- Report of any delay in complying with payment terms to Finance Manager
- Participate in organizing and performing the year-end stock take for all concerned departments
- Calculate the year-end stock value with procurement and with Finance Manager
Knowledge and Experience:
- 2-3 years of experience (audit experience is an advantage)
- Graduate Education
- Fluent English
Technical & Functional Skills:
- MS Office
- Microsoft dynamics NAV or on-hand experience for other accounting software
Other Skills & Competencies:
- Effective team player
- Good communication skills
- Quick learner
- Adaptive to the environment
- Open minded
Please use the form below to submit your application:
Kindly make sure to fill in all the fields, including the message before sending your application. The page may take some time to load, don’t worry, your application will be received and you may close the page.
Why work for us?
At Electra, we strongly believe that our success starts with our employees. We won a 3 stars award for our labour welfare practices at The Taqdeer Awards 2020 and were nominated for Best Employer of the year twice in a row at The Middle East Special Event & Exhibition Show!
As a key player in the market, you will subsequently be a part of major large-scale events and trade shows in the region which will surely accelerate your growth. We celebrate success and embrace change. We strive for constant improvement and innovation, allowing those around us to develop.
When you grow, we grow!
We make sure our teams evolve in a motivating and fulfilling workplace, where they can continuously develop their skills through trainings and leadership programs.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds (25 nationalities and counting!) and promote equity, fairness, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace, it is our way to encourage creativity and to foster a collaborative and open-minded working culture. We recognize that everyone is an integral part of Electra with an equal opportunity to participate: we share new ideas, best practices, and listen to our employees’ feedback!
We are agile, inclusive, and passionate.
Apply for this job
Fill in the application below to apply for this position.